Estefanía Avilés Fernandez was born in Guadalajara, Mexico. She left her country to find her way as an opera singer. Her journey started in Italy, then she went to Spain and now her home is Budapest where Estefania came as an Erasmus student. She was instantly impressed by the beauty of the city, the charm of its environment, the culture, and, of course, her university. Estefania fell in love with the city, and now she's on the way of getting a master's degree at opera singing at Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music.
– Describe yourself in 3 words
– Brave, soft and strong.
– If you had a free month and you could do whatever you wanted, how would you spend it?
– I would travel to India, Japan, Bali, with my mom. We would eat everything, buy all we want and just enjoy life. Month is a short time though.
– What is your first memory of music or singing?
– My first memory of opera or me singing was after watching an opera singing contest called OPERALIA. There was a woman singing "Sempre Libera" from Traviata, and I went to the bathroom to sing what she was just singing.
– Do you have a dream opera role?
– My dream role is Mimi from Puccini's LA BOHEME.
– If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
– I would come back as a powerful woman again, I like being a woman.
– What is your motto?
– My motto is that you can be whatever your mind can imagine. Everything starts with an idea, and we can direct our ideas for good or for bad; I prefer for good.