Panel Literature Association (Panel Irodalmi Egyesület) was founded in January 2019 in order to build a community of creative-minded people of Eastern and Central Europe, to represent and promote contemporary literature and arts, to provide support for initiatives in Hungary and beyond, and to promote Budapest as a cultural center of the region.
Panel Literature Magazine is published by Panel Literature Association.
The key activities of Panel Literature Association include:
- representing and promoting contemporary Hungarian literature and arts
- hosting events of cultural matter, such as literary readings, panel discussions, exhibitions and meetings
- maintaining traditions of quality literary magazines and hosting these magazines
- demonstrating the power of the arts to enrich the lives of individuals and make positive changes in communities.
- promoting international and intercultural exchange and cooperation in the cultural sphere.
Public benefit activity and public functions defined in the following statutory provisions:
- research and development and innovation activities [2014. LXXVI. Act on Scientific Research, Development and Innovation Section 2 c) and g)
- supporting the activities of community cultural traditions and values, the activities of communities organized in culture and social life, and the realization of the cultural goals of improving the lifestyle of the population [1991. XX. Act on the Functions and Competencies of Local Authorities and their Bodies, Representatives of the Republic and Certain Central Subordinate Bodies Article 121 (a)]
- cultural service, local protection of the cultural heritage, support to local public cultural activities [2011. year CLXXXIX. Act on Local Self-Government of Hungary Section 13 (1) (7)
- protection of the key cultural heritage [2011. year CLXXXIX. TV. On local government in Hungary Section 23 (4) 17.]
- promotion of local public cultural activities, local protection of the cultural heritage [2011. year CLXXXIX. TV. On Local Self-Government in Hungary Section 23 (5) (13)
- protection of the cultural heritage [2001. LXIV. TV. protection of the cultural heritage Article 5 (1)]
- two issues of Panel magazine have been released (March 2019, November 2019).
- the art contest was held in collaboration with the Painters Palace.
- the exhibition “15” was held in collaboration with the Painters Palace, Vad Art and Jancsó Art Gallery (March 2019). The best works featured the Spring issue of Panel.
- the collage workshop (September 2019) was held in collaboration with Massolit Books&Cafe. The best works featured in the Fall issue of Panel.
Plans for the next year include:
- publishing the English-language anthology of the contemporary Budapest prose (written both by Hungarian and international authors);
- releasing two new issues of Panel magazine (Spring and Fall 2020).
- collaboration with literary programs supported by Visegrad Fund.
- readings and events in order to promote contemporary literature of the region in collaboration with Tint Journal.