Panel Literature Association (Panel Irodalmi Egyesület) was founded in January 2019 in order to build a community of creative-minded people of Eastern and Central Europe, to represent and promote contemporary literature and arts, to provide support for initiatives in Hungary and beyond, and to promote Budapest as a cultural center of the region.
Panel Literature Magazine is published by Panel Literature Association.
The key activities of Panel Literature Association include:
- representing and promoting contemporary Hungarian literature and arts
- hosting events of cultural matter, such as literary readings, panel discussions, exhibitions and meetings
- maintaining traditions of quality literary magazines and hosting these magazines
- demonstrating the power of the arts to enrich the lives of individuals and make positive changes in communities.
- promoting international and intercultural exchange and cooperation in the cultural sphere.
Public benefit activity and public functions defined in the following statutory provisions:
- research and development and innovation activities [2014. LXXVI. Act on Scientific Research, Development and Innovation Section 2 c) and g)
- supporting the activities of community cultural traditions and values, the activities of communities organized in culture and social life, and the realization of the cultural goals of improving the lifestyle of the population [1991. XX. Act on the Functions and Competencies of Local Authorities and their Bodies, Representatives of the Republic and Certain Central Subordinate Bodies Article 121 (a)]
- cultural service, local protection of the cultural heritage, support to local public cultural activities [2011. year CLXXXIX. Act on Local Self-Government of Hungary Section 13 (1) (7)
- protection of the key cultural heritage [2011. year CLXXXIX. TV. On local government in Hungary Section 23 (4) 17.]
- promotion of local public cultural activities, local protection of the cultural heritage [2011. year CLXXXIX. TV. On Local Self-Government in Hungary Section 23 (5) (13)
- protection of the cultural heritage [2001. LXIV. TV. protection of the cultural heritage Article 5 (1)]
- issue #8 and #9 (anti war issue) of Panel magazine have been released (February and June 2022);
- anti war exhibition "Reverse perspective of war: art for sanity" was held in June 2022;
- Friday Night stories - Fall 2022 edition - took place at Massolit Books&Cafe;
- multimedia exhibition "Layers of Sense" was held in December 2022, with financial help of the Goethe-Institut (Germany);
- Panel's team members were actively involved in volunteer help to people who fled the war;
Plans for the year of 2023 include:
- releasing anniversary issue of Panel (February 2023) and, at least, on more;
- celebrating 5 years and 10 issues of Panel;
- hosting a literary and art workshop - a new project by Panel Literature Association and Panel magazine.
- releasing a bilingual (HU_ENG) book about Budapest for kids.